June 1, 2009

Hot Hot Hot

So the last few days have been blazing hot. So we set up our little pool. Now it is not super little or anything, nor is it like you can swim in it really. But it is fun and we put the slide from our play house into it and have a blast.

Now here is the coolest part. We made it hot water!

Yup, we hooked up a hose to the water heater and ran the water into it, we also had the other hose from the outside spicket putting water in. We had to do this cus the water was so hot coming from the water heater.

I never would have done this in the past. But now that we have our solar water heater, the sun is heating it up and it does not cost us a cent so it is exactly the same price as running cold water in. So why not do it right. So I sat in the "hot pool" and my kids played, Joe was inside cooking us dinner.
Trenton was falling and practically drowning every couple of minutes. So it was imperative that I stay in there with him, instead of watching from the sidelines. I kept trying to teach him to close his mouth when he goes under, but it never stuck and he would spit up water upon my rescue and cry and hug, then off he was again happy as a lark, ready to practically drown again in a few minutes.

3 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Kristina P. said...

Very, very cool!

And it's hot today too. It's currently 77 degrees in our little condo, and the AC has been on full blast. We just don't have enough vents to keep it cool.

Sarah said...

My kids were playing in a hosed filled pool today.....they kept complaining about the cold water. They are used to grandmas piping hot water.....I told them they were spoiled rotten....and when I was a kid all I had was sprinklers and the creek.....I also had to walk up hill both ways to get to school.

Chelle said...

Even a kiddie pool sounds divine today. As I was coming home from Costco, the car thermometer read 94 degrees!

Oh, I'm working on getting pregnancy pics up - will let you know when I do!