Another summer recap...Once again we went to Blue Lake for the Fourth of July. We went with our friends the Engstroms.
It was fun...But also terrifying because we lost several of our children.
First we were walking back from the lake and went through the sprinkler park. Jennedy was holding my hand and let go to walk behind me so she did not get as wet.
We go to the other side. It was here that Joe stopped in front of us with the other kids and I turned around to find Jennedy and she was gone.
We started searching for her, running around the whole sprinkler park yelling. Then Joe decided to run to our site and see if she went there.
We continued to yell for her and search. I clung to Trenton, that is when a man with a huge camera came up and said hi, are you OK. I said no, that we had lost our two year old. He said he was from Chanel 2 news and was doing a segment on how parents keep track of their kids when there are so many around and so much activity. So he started to help me look for Jennedy. I told him what she looked like and he started searching too.
By this time Joe came back and said Jennedy was not at our site nor did he see her on the way there. Now I was getting very panicked. It had only been a few seconds of not having her and then she was gone. We continue yelling and looking.
Suddenly the reporter said "Is that her" and pointed about 300 yards away. She was with a woman who was holding her hand and dragging her across the parking lot. Jennedy was screaming and crying. I pointed to where she was and Joe ran after them. The reporter followed and started filming the reunion. Joe brought her back to me and she clung to me.Jennedy then told us she had walked to our site and changed her shoes, then since we were not there she went to the parking lot to find our car (there were thousands of car in the lot) It was then she started crying and the Lady found her and was bringing her to the lost children site. Scary huh?!?
The reporter ask me some questions and filmed them. It was on the news that night. I did not see it, but many people commented that they saw me on the news and was Jennedy all right. How embarrassing. I was in a swimsuit and my hair was soaked as we had just went swimming. Just another day in my crazy life.
Well during the fireworks we lost Trenton, my one year old. We realized he was gone and got up to find him, and some lady brought him too us. She had seen him with our group and said that he had wandered into the parking lot and she grabbed him and brought him back. I held onto him for dear life after that, well when the show ended we started packing up and I had to carry stuff so I let go of his hand and he was gone again. I started searching and yelling then saw him in the road being grabbed up by some man who was rescuing him from being hit by the cars. He brought him over to us, he had seen him with us too. Luckily, with Trenton, people knew he was ours. But still, it was a panic filled fourth for me.
Other than losing our kids we had a great time.




Excellente! Perfecto!
5 years ago









5 people feeding my addiction to comments:
Looks super mucky, yet fun! What is your email so I can invite you to the blog? Please email me, mine is realtorssbbrooks@msn.com
I think you won my stuff on Kristina's site!! Hurry and check it out!!!!!
Please email me so I can get your prizes out to you! (j_kupsh@yahoo.com)
It's so fun watching your family grow...they are so cute.
I can't even imagine being on the news in my swimsuit, I would just die:) It's always scary when you loose a kid for even a sec, I am glad everything turned out ok.
Thanks for the update on your summer. We loved the pictures of you kids.
Post a Comment