March 13, 2009

Jerika learns to ride a bike

Yesterday I taught Jerika how to ride a bike with out training wheels. I had so much fun and she was so determined. I was amazed at how she had such an upbeat positive attitude. Even when she would fall, which was often, she would just laugh and get up and make a joke then jump back on and try again. I had so much fun with her. It took about a half an hour but now she is riding a bike.
I love her little personality. She is just so happy and spunky. I thought it would be hard or a battle, and was so surprised what a joy it was to teach her. When dad got home from work we went out and showed him that his eldest had learned to ride a bike. He was one proud daddy and I am one proud mommy. Isn't life great?!!!!!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We invited our Friends, the Conner's over again for a sleep over. See they come over a lot and we love them to death. Well, we always stay up way to late, sometimes til 3 am, so their poor son either loses out on sleep or falls asleep. So this weekend we decided to have them sleep over again.

Last time we had them sleepover in our guest room was when we had our Risk tournament with them. Dawn won by the way and she and I decimated our husbands. That game takes a long time so we had them sleep over and it was so fun we decided to do it again this weekend.

We are not playing Risk, but we are playing on the computer and watching movies. They will also stay most all of the day tomorrow too.

Joe and Mike are building a huge shelf unit for food storage rotation rack. They have been designing it since last week and bought all the supplies but wanted to wait to build it until our sleepover and subsequent Saturday fun.

I am teaching Dawn all my cool digi-scraping and she and I will be doing that most of the day tomorrow and maybe some tonight.

Her son will play with our kids, and I am pretty sure I will be in charge of the kids while the men are playing with their power tools.

Well there it is, grown adults have a slumber party. Yeah we are so youthful that way.

2 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Kristina P. said...

I want to do an adult slumber party! Sounds fun.

Sarah said...

What a brave girls....my boys still throw a fit if I try to get them on a bike... Good job!