Well here it is 10 pm on mothers day and as it winds down I have to say, I love mothers day so much.
It is probably because I love being a mother so much. It's those kids, I am just crazy about my kids. I LOVE THEIR STINKIN' GUTS!!!!*
I really had no idea how much fun I would have being a mother, how much I would get to laugh, (I mean seriously I get to laugh so so much each and every day) and how much I would love these adorable little beings that make my heart explode with joy and appreciation.
They teach me so much about patience and kindness, and how to stay young at heart. They bring me closer to my Heavenly Father than anything I have ever known. I understand how very much he loves me because of them. I am truly blessed and thank my Heavenly Father for letting me be a mom to these wonderful choice spirits.
Happy mothers day!
*(Recently my kids have watched the little rascals and at one point Alfalfa is writing a letter to his buddy and it it he writes "I hate your stinking guts!!!" Well my kids glommed onto that and we have seen it written and heard it on their lips too many times to count. We keep encouraging them to speak more kindly but it has not been a successful endeavor. Well on the way to church today, they were saying it again, I admit it is pretty funny to hear a two year old say it and I try not to snicker, but it is hard. Anyhoo, Joe started reminding them that it was not the kind of thing they should be saying to each other, and I piped right up and said, "Hey Jerika, I LOVE your stinkin guts," and they laughed so hard and then I told that to each kid the same thing and they yelled it back and now we are all saying that now and not the other mean one, cus we are not mean in our family.)
My favorite things about motherhood today...
~When My boy, trenton said "I want to cuddle with you mom"
~When Jennedy yells, "Mom!" then can't think of any thing to say when I say "What?", and says "I wuv you." This happens continually throughout most days.
~When I said "lets read scriptures" and my children shout for joy and run to get them.
~When Jerika and Jacqueline, who are recent readers, told me which pages they would each read, and read the scriptures to me.
~When Jennedy threw a fit when she was not the one to find the scriptures first, and ran to her room where she proceeded to scream, since no one went to get her, she came into the Living room, climbed on my lap, throwing herself under my scriptures laying flat on me and continued her crying. (I guess there is no point in crying unless someone is there to hear you.)
~When I got breakfast in bed, brought to me by my kids and wonderful cook of a husband.
~When Trenton kept saying through out the day "happy muvers valentines day mom"
~When I got adorable hand made gifts from my kids and chocolates from my hubby.
~When I got to go back to sleep after breakfast and my husband got the kids dressed for church and breakfast cleaned up, then the kids to watch a video, and came back to bed too.
~When, instead of a flower, we got a See's Candy bar at Church for Mothers day.
~When we went to see our baby Jonathan and birth mother. Jonathan saw me drive up and was around to my door before I even got out of the car, and threw himself in my arms and cuddled up to me. We had a great visit with birth mom and Jonathan. She and Jonathan had made cards for me, they glued seeds onto a cute card. Our kids made cards for her too. It was such a lovely time.
Excellente! Perfecto!
5 years ago









3 people feeding my addiction to comments:
Happy Mother's day! Love the Little Rascal story. Used to be a fave movie in my house!
Your kids are just adorable.
I LOVE the new background! SO cute! Kids are wonderful! I have been praying to have more joy in raising Malibu and it has seriously worked, Heavenly Father is there for us, and all I had to do was ask! It has worked like no other! Yay, Joy in raising Malibu, who would have thunk it! :) Love YA TRISH
Post a Comment