February 16, 2011

Feb 2nd to Feb 7th

Feb 2-
I have been doing preschool for my little ones at home. They love it and so do I. I got them these chalk boards at the dollar store to practice writing our letters on and they love them. They make the cutest pictures Here is one of Jennedy and her drawing of a happy sun. Notice it is wearing a coconut top and a grass skirt. You will see Trenton's below.


Feb 3- Trenton's picture of a sun. Feb 4-
I have started baking a lot now that we are not spending money this month. These are the homemade hamburger buns I made for our veggies burgers. Oh my were they tasty. Why bother buying buns when making them is so easy and way yummier.

Feb 5-I caught the kids playing robots, here is their creative robot costumes. They used a letter puzzle we have to make them. It was so funny to hear them talk like robots. I love that I get to laugh so much being a mom.


Feb 6-I borrowed my friends wheat grinder so that I could grind my food storage wheat to use in bread making. Here is Joe helping to grind the wheat. Not spending money has really made me bake so much more just so we have food to eat and it has actually been so much fun. I feel like Holly Homemaker. We decided that we need to buy a grinder when we get to spend money again, so I can continue to bake yummy wheat breads.
Feb 7- For the treat for Family Home evening Jennedy wanted to roast marshmallows. We have tons of the caramel flavored ones so we roasted them over our stove on skewers. Fun stuff.

3 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Sarah said...

Those buns looked so yummy! I bet your house smells so good all the time.

Kristina P. said...

YOu guys always have so much fun!

Chelle said...

I love the "not spending money" idea. I also love homemade rolls/buns/breads - so much better tasting (not to mention better for you)! Keep up the good work - it's fun to see how creative you guys have been!