February 16, 2011

Feb 7th to Feb 12th

Feb 7th-I did not take a picture for this day so I am going to show you a video of the kids showing me their robot persona's instead.



Feb 8th-I have been baking up a storm, here is Jennedy eating scones I made for snacks this day. Since we are not purchasing items we no longer have fruit snacks, fish crackers, graham crackers, chips, or any of that snack food we all take for granted. So we are having fun seeing what I can make to have for after school snacks. The scones were a big hit for the kids.
Feb 9th- I have been sprouting wheat to increase the nutritional value even more in my wheat bread. We soak it for 12 hours, let it sprout, then dry it, then grind it. And there you have it, super healthy, full of nutrients bread, and its Yummy too. Feb 10th- There is always some type of bread rising in my kitchen each day. Here are some delicious wheat rolls just rising, waiting to hit the oven. My friend brought her kids over this day and we had rolls for snack time. They loved them, in fact they ate them all and wanted the bread I had cooked too. It made me feel really great that everyone loves my "snacks" so much.

Feb 11th-Here is Trenton painting, isn't painting fun? I joined in the painting this day and did some adorable pictures of Dora. Having young Children really keep me feeling like a kid at heart.


Feb 12th- Here is another day and batch of delicious wheat rolls cooked and ready for dinner.

1 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Frank and Julie said...

I bake whole wheat bread, but I'm interested to know how long you let the sprouted wheat dry before you grind it?