November 15, 2008

Twelve

Here is picture twelve in folder twelve.... What will it be... the anticipation....

That is me!!! I spent some time a couple of years ago scanning all my baby pics and they are all in folder number 12.

Is that not the cutest crib? My daddy made if for me (right dad). It has cute heart shaped head and foot boards. So precious. Plus check out my adorable mobile. Did my mom make that for me? I can't remember, I was pretty young back then.

Back in those days they did not have the "back to sleep" rules as they did not know that it could have something to do with SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.) So here I am sleeping on my tummy which is how I always slept, good thing I did not suffocate.

Sometimes I wonder how anyone survived without all the rules we have as parents today to help keep our children safe. We never rode in car seats or for that matter, seat belts , in fact our mothers held us on their laps, as infants, while driving. We would cram all kids in the car and take off with not a worry about safety. I amazed that I am still alive.

My kids now have to be in car seats or boosters until they are 8 yrs old or 4 feet tall. I think that is one reason that people have smaller families these days. Loading my 5 kids in car seats anytime I go anywhere is not so fun.

Oh well, Safety first, I always say.


1 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Dana Wartena Thelin said...

Yes, I made it. A lot of love and time went into it at the Army Post Wood Craft Shop and at home. Notice the "Canadian Dingleballs" inside the heart ends. They are so cool. The pink was only for Tiffany. Yes, we loved our new little princess. She was our pride and joy. I had a dream before she was born, which included a closet bar filled with tiny little dresses. They were all ready for her hanging in a row -- all kinds and colors of dresses. There was not a set of blue jeans on the rack! Then we found out our second baby would be a girl and I said: "I know because I saw her closet in my dream." This baby cradel would be an antique today and I often wonder where both Jason's rocking cradle and this Heart cradle are today. Does anyone out there have them. Please call me or email me if you see them.

Jay Thelin, Tiffany's Daddy