February 25, 2010

Updates on Tricia

So My younger sister Tricia had her surgery on Friday to remove her cancerous thyroid tumor and all went well. It took about 4 hours instead of the two they thought it would take. There were several reasons for this, first the nasty tumor was bigger than the Doctors thought it would be. Second, That darn larger tumor was near an important nerve or something and Third, the tumor was very close to her vocal cords and the whole voice box so it was tricky surgery so she could keep her voice.

We all know she needs her voice.

I guess the doctor did a great job of stitching up the giant cut he put in her neck, leaving no visible outside stiches. That is pretty cool

She took a picture yesterday on her cell phone of the first time she has seen her neck without bandages on it. I asked if i could post, she said sure. so here it is.
She is such a brave gal and that cancer has not beat her. They are still waiting on the biopsy they took of her lymph node before she is declared cancer free, I will let you know. But for now we believe all is well and there is no more cancer in her body.

Hooray!!!

6 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have been thinking about her. I am so glad she's OK!

Chelle said...

Wow, that is a pretty intense incision. I'm so glad to hear that all went well. Tell her that we've been praying for her and love her, ok?

Jensen Family :) said...

Hey Tiff, cool picture! I love you so much and think you are the most wonderful sister in the world! Have a great day! Trish

SBrooks said...

Crazy! Glad she is doing well. Tell her we are praying for her! Love you!

Anonymous said...

We are happy all is well....we'll keep our prayers going. I am thankful for modern medicine and good docs! Thanks for the update!

heidi_broncos said...

Oh my gosh we had no idea! Please keep us updated - I pray for all the best outcomes - so scary!!