February 9, 2010

Worry

I cried and cried as I was trying to go to sleep last night.
Why?
My Sweet sister Tricia called to tell me the results of her biopsy yesterday. We have been waiting and hoping that the golf ball size growth on her neck would be a benign thyroid nodule.

Her call yesterday was that it was Cancer and they need to get it out and make sure it had not spread. Cancer is scary and this is a hard time for her and her family. Still there is a ton of hope. Her Thyroid cancer although rare is one were the recovery rate is so good and if they get her thyroid out and it has not spread she will be just fine and she will have survived cancer.

Truth is, we all worry and wonder about the worst possible outcome, but I am trying to stay positive and not cry too much. (not really working too well)

This is so fresh for us since our littlest sister passed away two years ago and we often say that we are the only sister we have left. We need each other and we have been in contact daily since she found out about the lump on her neck. It will all be ok, I know it, but it sure makes you cherish each other and life and how precious the people you love are.
I love you Tricia, you are strong, beautiful and so wonderful and we will have a good story to tell on the other side of this trial.
Love your Sister Tiff

5 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Unknown said...

chin up Tiff, it'll all work out. A day at a time will ease up the tears and get you and your family through! I'll be thinking of you...

xoxo

Kristina P. said...

Oh, Tiffany, I will be thinking and praying for your family.

Sarah said...

Now I am filled with worry...I will keep Tricia in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

The Thelins said...

We are all praying for Tricia. Your whole family is in our hearts and prayers. Keep us updated on the situation. We are so concerned for her and are praying for the best possible outcome.

Jensen Family :) said...

Thats cool you did the close ups on my neck! Love You!