My brain hurts from crying and my heart hurts from mourning. I am so very sad.
As the worker took Tyler from my arms today, tears ran down my face and hers. We both sobbed as she carried him to the car. It was precious to see his siblings hug his little body and say goodbye to their brother. I could not watch the car drive away with my son so I went to my bedroom curled up on my bed and sobbed. Jennedy came in, she is my shadow after all, and said in her little two year old voice. "I miss Tyler" I know honey I miss him too. Then she crawled on my lap and we hugged as tears streamed down my face. She then cupped my head in her tiny hands and looked me in the eyes and gave me the biggest grin you ever saw. She did not know what to say but she knows that her happy makes me happy. I smiled too and encouraged her to go play with her sister downstairs. She trotted off with a smile on her face.
Life goes on doesn't it. When something devastating happens you kind of expect the world to stop, but it doesn't it just keeps going. There are still kids to feed and diapers to change and joy to have with the children that remain.
Last night as we spent our final time with Tyler each child got a chance to hold him and get a picture. I watched as my sweet husband put Tyler to bed for the last time and felt so much sorrow for us, for him.





I lay in bed crying last night falling asleep in my husbands sweet arms, clinging to each other for comfort. I am so happy to have him, he is there for me, to hold me when I cry. He has been through this journey with me, through the ups and downs and now the end. He has been my rock and I love him so much. We of course will get through this. Life goes on and we will be happy.
Friends and families have offered to help by letting me take some time away, babysit, or to come over to support us. I am grateful for that but what I want right now is to be with my family, to hold each of my children close, to keep them as close to me as I can with no distractions but us, our family. I want to just be with them. Pull and unite us together through this sadness, so that we can come out of this a stronger family.
So this is it, it is done, I am ready to talk and write about something new, something that does not hurt my heart so much and make me cry. The next post will be happy and about the ones I hold most dear, my sweet children.
Excellente! Perfecto!
5 years ago









15 people feeding my addiction to comments:
I'm so so sorry, Tiffany. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this must have been for you and your family. Even though life goes on, the pain is very real and very present. You are in my prayers.
Oh Tiff, I am so crying right now for you! That like a nightmare. I can only imagine the emptiness and loss you feel. You are so right about how life just goes on . . . totally oblivious to your new pain.
LY! HUGS!
I'm telling the universe about this right now. We'll see what he can do about it.
sniff!
Over here from Crash's- I heard that there would be a big group hug and family prayer going on. I wouldn't miss it- I hope you can feel the support and good wishes of everyone around you-even us in the blog world. Your family is adorable and I hope you can all pull together and get through this heart breaking time.
x0x0
Oh my goodness!
I'm bawling my eyes out!
Coming over from Crash for family prayer!
You are totally in my prayers tonight, Sweetie!
This is a nightmare. You are so right to cling to your family.
We heart you bunches.
If you need anything, seriously just holler!
I'm here for the group hug! With an extra squeeze- just 'cause you need it!
Hopped over here from Crash. I am so sorry. My heart is aching for you and your family!
Hug.
Even though you don't know me, I'm sad anyway. You're very brave and optimistic in the face of this tragedy, though!
Tiffany, I too am coming over from Crash's. I just read your comment from yesterday, or I would have been here sooner.
I had a somewhat similiar thing happen to me. I had a 3 yr old foster daughter who was suppose to be fos-adopt but went back to her birth mom. I only had her for 3 months, but it doesn't matater, when someone gives you a child, they are yours from the moment they enter your life.
This happened to me 10 years ago, and I still grieve over it all the time. Of course it is worst on her birthday and the day we lost her, but the hole in my heart has never healed. I don't think it ever will.
After many years of grieving, a wise counselor said to me "What if Heavenly Father called you on a three month mission to be this little girls mother?" I could not stop asking the why questions. We felt so strongly when we prayed and fasted about taking her in the first place. And so this idea that all Heavenly Father wanted frome me was three months comforted my heart like nothing else had.
Losing a child like this is worse than a death because you don't have the comfort of knowing you are sealed to each other and you live with the thought that your child is now under the care of someone you don't think is good enough. I would not have given my daughter's birth mom a cat I loved let alone a precious child of God.
And I totally agree that it is ridiculous how life goes on when your world had ended.
I actually moved to another state the day after I lost Camille and it was beyond strange to not even have anyone to empathize with me. I am so glad that you have such great support around you. That will be huge. Even if you don't feel like their help right now, you may need it eventually. The full impact of the pain and its lastingness has not hit you yet. Don't be to proud to ask for help eventually when it all gets to be too much. I have found that even though I could stay busy and avoid feeling all of the pain, eventually it comes out. There is now way around it, only through it.
The one thing that kept me from crawling in a corner and dying was my two kids. I can see that it will be the same for you.
Go to the temple, there is nothing ike the peace it can bring to your heart.
You will never be the same, and that is OK. And I firmly believe that in the next life I will see Camille again and if she was meant to be mine, Heavenly Father will fix it.
Be extra kind to yourself. Read books about greiving. Plant a tree in your son's honor.
I can tell from your post that you are a strong woman and you will get through this. Keep telling yourself that, even when you don't beleive it.
I am sooo sorry that this has happened to you. The people who are in charge of the whole foster care system should be taken out and shot as far as I am concerned. It is so unfair that the irresponsible parents have all the power and the kids have no rights what so ever. They are treated like a piece of furniture. So wrong.
Ok sorry this comment has taken on postlike proportions. If you even need to talk to someone who has been where you are, I would be more than willing to help. My e-mail is hammondpat@juno.com. That is one blessing of going through trials, you can then help others better who are facing the same thing.
I wish you all the best. Just hang on, it will be bearable one day. But for now just concentrate on breathing in and out. It will take all your energy to just do that.
I am just so sad thinking about this.
Pat that was a lovely post.
Tiff, hugs today!
P.S. I love your signature.
Tiff you are an inspiration....you have such strength and faith. I just broke my heart reading this post...I hope you will feel better soon.
stopping by from crashes place...I know there really are no words so i am sending you some (((HUGS)))
I came over from Crash to cry with you and wish that there was something more that I could do.
I came over from Crash's to give you a huge hug! I'm sorry that you and your family have to go through this. It stinks. I'm sorry you are hurting. I will pray for you and your family tonight.
XOXOXOX
I to came over from crash, and I just have to say my heart is breaking for you. Hang in there and I'll be praying for you.
I'm so sad for your family. My best friend had a similar experience. It's indescribably hard. You and Tyler will be in my prayers.
Hugs. Jami
Post a Comment