As I spoke with James and Karen today they remain positive. It is so amazing to watch someone who is experiencing such a difficult trial and yet who can still smile and remain upbeat. Not that they do not shed countless tears, but they continue to hope for a good life for Tammy. They also know that their challenges as a parent of Child who will have some special needs will be just that, a major Challenge.
James and Karen are both students, they have three small daughters.
As you can expect, the medical bills are even now starting to pile up.
So we have set up a fund for the family to help pay for the medical bills
Please Donate to the Tammy Thelin fund
Thank you all

Karen got to hold Tammy today. She held her for hours before they took her away to take her vitals.
Here she is with her eyes open. She looks around and her eyes move together. She was even sucking on the breathing tube today. These are all positive signs.









7 people feeding my addiction to comments:
There is a cool program called Emergency Medicaid. It is easier to qualify for than normal Medicaid because it only covers a specific situation. That might be an option too.
We're praying for all of them.
Tiffany, can I offer to make a blog button that will link back here? I can post it on my blog, and others can too.
Oh my goodness Tiff. I just read all these posts and my stone cold heart is broken in half.
{{{{HUGS!}}} To your whole family.
I'm so sorry. Something will work out with the med bills. I will be praying for you!!!! Again. LUB YOU!
I
I am a classmate of Karen's and I just can not believe how strong and positive she has been through all of this. She and James are amazing people and parents. Our hearts and prayers are with Tammy and the entire family. I have seen miracles happen! I would like to create a button to link from my blog as well if that is ok?
I used to work for a hospital and have to call people to set up those payment plans....the hospital did understand that circumstances are what they are and was really good about working with people to do whatever they could and sometimes it was almost nothing! Of course that was many years ago, but I can't imagine that it would be much different now. We continue to pray for Tammy and all those that are caring for her, and of course for James and Karen, and Tammy's sisters.
I don't know you, I saw this through Kristina Pulsiphers link. I just wanted to say there are medicaid programs out there that might work if you don't regularly qualify. I just learned of the Katie Beckett program, for children with special needs whose parents make too much for medicaid. We have a child with some learning problems, mainly speech, and a friend with an autistic child recently informed me of this program. It might be a good thing to look into. It's hard when you don't know what to do and medicaid offices aren't very helpful.
I have had James in a couple of my classes. He's such a nice guy. I remember last spring semester he came back after missing a few classes and he was showing everyone pictures of his newborn daughter. Such a proud dad! I'm so sorry they are dealing with this now.
I didn't have health insurance when I gave birth to my daughter. We made too much tp qualify for Medicaid, but we applied for financial assistance through the hospital and our bill was reduced significantly. It sounds like there are quite a few programs available they can try to work with.
We are keeping the Thelin family in our prayers.
Post a Comment