January 15, 2009

Quirky

So my friend from HS. (yes from 20 years ago, Im getting old I know) Leisa tagged me to list my quirks. I did it once see here if you missed it, but thought I better add some more after all I am totally into following blog etiquette and doing everything people tag me to do. (now don't get any ideas now)

Here are some more of my quirks.
1. My college best friend, Tina, reminded me of how I read instruction manuals cover to cover. You know I just can not stand the thought of not knowing everything there is to know about everything I buy.

2. I can completely tune out everyone and any noise when I am day dreaming, or watching TV. People can talk to me and I don't notice and am completely immersed in my brain. It drives my husband crazy. Luckily with the greatest invention of this century, the DVR, he just pauses it and I come out of my trance.

3. I don't like to watch a movie, or even TV show more than once, thus I don't see any point in buying videos or DVD's for me. I like to always watch something new and cannot stand to watch something more than once.

4. I am scared of sleep walkers. Ive been told not to wake them, but I dont know why. It just scares me, I mean what if I accidentally wake them up, do they die? Will they become violent. I dont know and that unknown frightens me.

5. I wear my watch on my right wrist even though I am right handed. Someone once told me that you are supposed to wear it on the opposite hand of her dominant one, so that the dominant one can adjust time and such without having to remove it. Well I remove it ok, is that so quirky. I dont think so but people have told me it is. What do you think?

Well that is all for now. I need to save some for the next time I get tagged with this again. I think I may be scraping the bottom of the quirkiness bucket here. I must be way too normal. NOT!

5 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Jensen Family :) said...

Hey Sis, I dont ever watch a movie twice either, it seems pointless, but Napoleon Dynamite and Better Off Dead I will make an exception for! I also wear my watch on my right hand and am right handed weird I dont think so! Love Ya Trish

Kristina P. said...

I always assume that the hand the person writes with is the opposite hand of where you wear your watch. I think it's because it's easiest to put your watch on with your dominant hand.

Sarah said...

I can watch a movie over and over again....I think it is a sign of low intelligence though, so I probably shouldn't be broadcasting it. I also am never able to tune anything out, it drives me crazy, especially because my husband is great at getting in the "zone" so I am the one who is always finding myself talking to myself.

Suzanne said...

I knew you were supposed to wear your watch on the left if you're right-handed, but I never knew why. That makes sense about it being easier to adjust or put on/take off with your dominant hand!

I am right-handed but I operate my computer mouse with my left. It's because I have a shoulder "issue" on my right side, though, that's aggravated by overuse, so I had to teach myself how to mouse left-handed! Now that's what feels natural, but people get annoyed when they sit down at my computer and the mouse is on the wrong side. :)

Erin said...

My husband never reads the instruction manuals, and it drives me batty!

I can't wear watches - I'm allergic to metal. Which is too bad, because I have a really nice one.

I tune out too - to the detriment of my children!