So months ago when I died my gray hairs (yes I am young and going gray.) I did a dark color and my dark haired girls stated that I looked like them. Well my little Blondie informed me that the next time I died my gray hairs I should go blond like her. So guess what?!? We purchased a home hair dye kit (first mistake) and tried to bleach it blond.
That did not go so well, my pre-dyed hair went dark orange and the untouched roots went yellow. Like the color of an egg yolk. Now I am not a vain person and actually don't care what color my hair is, but this looked awfully silly. so....
I called my husband and we discussed options, we decided that he would get a frosting kit at the store and we would put some highlights in my hair and see if that helped (second mistake.) So he came home, laughed at my hair and we proceeded to try and pull hair through a cap on my head. My husband did not do so well and could not get hair to come through. After some time I gave up and decided to get some tin foil and do my own weave (third mistake.) I tired, and failed and eventually just started rubbing bleach product in my hair.
After washing it out, it looked a bit better, the ends were at least a little closer to the roots.
I then realized that I had forgotten to put one of the three bottles of mixture to make the bleaching solution in the mix. Duh!! (well in my defense there are usually only two bottles to mix.) So I had left over solution so I decided to add some of the forgotten bottle and bleach a few more strands of hair (fourth Mistake.)
I smeared that on my hair, my husband joined me and we debated putting on the rest of the unused bottle of unmixed solution onto my hair. We decided it could not get any worse than what it was now so we put it on (fifth mistake.) The pungent, make you pass out, smell should have given me some warning on what was about to happen to my head. It began to burn, like so much that I was afraid I would have to go the hospital with third or fourth degree burns on my head.
I started to freak out and my husband said I was just being over dramatic and that I should wait 10 min for the solution to do some bleaching. Well, I didn't. Heck it was burning my head, what would you do. Yep I jumped in the shower and rinsed it out.
So here is what it looks like. Pretty wild huh. I would say strawberry blond.... No I guess it is orange hair.
Guess what though. My Blondie loves it, she says I look so pretty with yellow hair. My other girls have had nothing but nice kind things to say all morning. So my kids think I am lovely no matter what color my hair is.
I am not sure what the next step will be... I don't think I can dye it for seven days or it may just burn right off and I would be bald. I don't want that. I can deal with orange hair, I am not sure I could be bald right now.
Excellente! Perfecto!
5 years ago









6 people feeding my addiction to comments:
Oh Tiffany! Remember our conversation about going blonde from a box?! Yikes! Get to Sally's right away and have them help you pick a toner. You are hilarious! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Oh My Goodness Gracious! That is so funny! I think orang is great! hahaha I always am messing up my hair to, wait a few days and it will start to feel normal, thats what I do, or gho buy yourself a really great hat and wear it when your out in public :) I am looking forward to the color on your blog in 7 days, so keep us posted!
Oh no! I have had my fair share of hair disasters too. Honestly, don't try to fix it yourself. Go and see someone. I don't do my own hair anymore. Ever.
I think your brave....holy cow. It actually looks pretty cute, your picture made me smile. Your such a funny lady.
I just thought maybe you were getting ready for fall...:)
i dunno what you're talking about or why you fixed it, THIS hair color was dead-sexy...
Post a Comment