October 20, 2008

Turning Five


Jacqueline turned five years old this weekend. Yeah, she has been so excited to be Jerika's age again. It has been five months since they were the same age and Jacqueline does not like her sister being a bigger number than her. So the big day came and we partied like we were five. We had an fiesta on Saturday which her birth mother organized. It was enjoyable, then on Sunday we had family over, Jacqueline got to invite one friend and she invited Cole (She just loves her friend Cole). We had a super great time. I made a Barbie Cake and had an interesting time decorating it as I have never been trained in the art of Cake decor.

Jacqueline was so sweet opening her presents. She was quiet and cleanly, she kept putting the wrapping paper in the garbage after each present. She would also go to the person who gave her each present and give them a hug then say "thank you" almost in a whisper, all shy and cute. She is rarely like that (She is a loud talkative little thing normally) so it was so very cute her being so coy.

1 people feeding my addiction to comments:

Eliza said...

I like your barbie cake - they are a lot of work but the girls sure love them. I've made several and it does get a little easier each time.