I must have 10 to 15 pairs of scissors but I can never find one when I need one. I have set places for my scissors and one place is in my kitchen, in a big plant pot I painted and made into a pencil holder. There must be 50 or 60 pencils and pens in there. I always keep my scissors there too. I also have a pair in my sewing kit, in the wrapping paper caddy and kitchen shears in the knife drawer. I have 20 of those scrap booking scissors that make different borders that I used to use before I got into doing it all digitally.
My kids love to cut as I am sure all kids do, so as I don't want all my scissors to go missing I buy them many pairs of kids scissors and they are all over the house, in the craft drawers and my kitchen pencil holder. There are normally scissors everywhere and easy to find in my house.
Then suddenly they are all gone. What happened? I have no idea. I know that both of my kitchen Shears have made there way to the garage and are now apparently tools of Josephs. All my other scissors are missing. My kids have been on a major craft kick, they are making the cutest things, so inventive and layered. They also love glue. I love the crafts they are coming up with now, they blow me away. They have depth and creativity. Super cool stuff. Still, I want my scissors. When I ask my girls where they are they have no idea. Seriously, there are really times when I need scissors.
So guess what I did today. I went to the dollar store and bought six pairs of scissors. 3 regular, and 3 kitchen shears. Sure they may not be the best quality but they will eventually be lost anyways and now I have scissors again. I put all six in my kitchen pot and guess what, I am thrilled. I had scissors when I needed them today, hooray. I am not sure how long they will last there but if they disappear again... there is always a dollar store nearby.
Excellente! Perfecto!
5 years ago









1 people feeding my addiction to comments:
Ahhh - the little things that we enjoy as Moms! i can relate. i resorted to scissor hiding but my boys can always sniff them out!
Post a Comment